Activities – Present
- Work with the CCA to advance national investment in trade-transportation infrastructure by:
- Devising a strategy to involve local construction associations in responding to the federal government’s call for response on Building the Canada We Want in 2050: Engagement Paper on the National Infrastructure Assessment
- Enabling the heavy construction industry to adapt and innovate for climate resiliency, informed by the CCA report Strength, Resilience, Sustainability – Canada’s construction sector recommendations on adapting to climate change
- Meeting annually with CCA to discuss regional and national advocacy priorities
- Support Western Canada Trade Gateways & Corridors Initiative, to incent public/private trade investment across Western Canada, to advance the regions and our country’s economic and security interests.
- Our gateways and trade corridors include marine, road, rail, and air modes supporting freight and passenger flows of regional and national significance for international commerce. The program objective would be to support economic revival in Western Canada post pandemic, to improve our domestic competitiveness in world markets harnessing the ROI of trade, and in the process, promote our national security interests.
- Plan for WCR&HCA Convention – likely 2023 at earliest